Number of SMSes Uttarakhand Residents sent on New Year Eve
Uttarakhand residents sent a whopping 15 crore SMSes on a single day of December 31, 2011, wishing family and friends Happy New Year 2012!
Some maths to raise the Wow factor:
1) An Uttarakhand Resident on an average sent 15 SMSes to family and friends wishing New Year 2012.
2) Mobile Operators earned Rs 12 crore from SMSes on one single Day.
3) An Uttarakhand resident (or Uttarakhand-ite) on an average spent Rs 15 on sending SMSes.
4) Mobile Operators or Companies earned Rs 30 crore from outgoing phone calls on a single day.
5) An Uttarakhand resident (or Uttarakhand-ite) on an average spent Rs 37.5 on making phone calls.
6) The Mobile phone density in Uttarakhand is 100 percent or even more.
Note: Uttarakhand has 1 crore mobile subscribers
Note: The mobile companies expect the above SMS data to double in one or two days. Note that, the SMSes and calls on New Year are charged much higher than usual. On Saturday December 31, 2011; the mobile companies silently declared December 31 2011 and January 01 2012, as “Black Out Days”.
Note: If one includes Western Uttar Pradesh Circle to Uttarakhand, then the earning of Mobile companies from SMSes reaches Rs 60 crore. Notably, UP West and Uttarakhand comes under One circle. UP West alone has 4 crore subscribers.